How fast do you dispatch my order?
All products in our online store are in stock and are directly available for dispatch. That’s why we are able to sent out the goods within 1 working day.
What is the delivery time?
Delivery time can vary a lot per country, but typically is about 3-7 days by express shipping, 5-20 days by EMS, and 10-30 days by Airmail.
If you need help tracking your delivery, or have concerns about a delivery time, we’ll be on hand to answer your questions.
What are the shipping options?
In the checkout you are able to choose from a wide range of shipping options.
- Express shipping (courier service): DHL, FedEx, and UPS. The choice of courier varies according to country, but most countries have all express shipping options available
- EMS: this option is also available for many countries
- Airmail: small and light orders also be shipped very cheap. The option will appear automatically in the checkout if your goods weight is not too high. Dashcam Crashcam works with airmail companies such as Hong Kong Post, Singapore Post, and Swiss Post.
Returns and Refunds
- All our products come with a 12 month warranty. Full details are noted in our terms and conditions for returns here.
- Fewer than 1% of all shipped products are subject to any warranty or quality issue.
- In the unlikely event there is a quality defect that causes the device to be unacceptable for sale or unusable during the 12 months after dispatch from our warehouse, we will accept a return. When we receive the goods back we will either repair the item, or offer full credit towards ordering a replacement.
- If you experience any problem with a product bought from us, contact us first and we will do our best to advise you. Any returns must be discussed with Customer Support in advance, and authorized so they are sent with the correct paperwork.
- In the event of any returned goods where you are requesting a repair / credit under warranty, your shipping costs returning the products are payable by you, and cannot be compensated by Dashcam Crashcam.
- Physical damage to a product caused by the user; opening products up, e.g. to repair or modify components; or flashing the firmware or using non-approved software – invalidates the warranty.